Saturday, September 18, 2010

Designing and Navigating are in my future!

Am I in there? Only Jackson Pollock knows.
I've been thinking about what a website that illustrates me, and isn't a Jackson Pollock abstract, would look like. 
First, it has to be easy to navigate, as we AOAs don't have a lot of patience. I like a left-side vertical menu and will go with that. I also want the menu bar to remain the same on all pages that open, with a distinct Home at the bottom.


Graphic wise, I've sketched out a design with a tree on the left (I'm thinking the menu would reside in the trunk), and footsteps creating a meandering path on the ground beside the tree. I'd like these to be interactive footprints that will open photos from various stages of life. Some footprints might be baby-sized, others adult, leading to the appropriate baby or adult photo. 


It's an ambitious design for me, since I don't know anything about computer programming or website building software. The photo part would involve scanning a lot of old photos into Photoshop, but my prof seems confidant that this is doable (the basics anyway), so ... away we go.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that's you about 1/6 the way out on the 4 o'clock radial from the center. Looks like maybe 1970-ish picture of you. Can't believe you didn't notice it!

    Re website menu bars, take a look at the menu structure on www.gemsforjewelers.com -- I think it's similar to what you want.

    ReplyDelete