Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Quest:

Create my own website.  By Oct. 8!   Yikes!   

Basic things I must consider while building this website: Content, Navigation, and Graphics and Design. 

The Goal? A website that illustrates who I am as a writer.
 
I barely know who I am as a person, and that changes from day to day (sometimes quicker). Who am I as a writer? We AOAs have identity issues. This is going to be one twitchy site, all the little voices in my head condensed into one electronic billboard.

As for Content, I'm thinking:
    1.  a bio: shorter than an online dating profile (those are pure torture)
    2.  fiction: a few of my short stories that have never seen the light of day
    3.  poetry: again, you won't see this anywhere else
    4.  links: to some things related to my writing, like the MFA program at UB, and some good writerly sites.

Plea: Please feel free to toss ideas into the comments box. All will be welcomed and considered seriously. Seriously.
Next post: Navigation and Design

6 comments:

  1. - picture gallery
    - music playlist
    - calendar of events / schedule

    ReplyDelete
  2. i adore your writing. there should be lots and lots of your writing on the site-- especially poetry. i just found some old poems of yours in my wedding binder. they were stashed away in the folder with the beautiful ceremony you wrote for me. they brought tears to my eyes. miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Liz, you're the best. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will incorporate pictures into my design, maybe even as links.
    Wish I had events (like readings) to add. I'll save that one for the future, and use music if I can, again, maybe in the future. Thanks for the input.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could do events. If you plan to read at the MFA reading and/or let it spur you to go to Singers and be the main reader. And/or you could link to MFA events or events of others in the MFA as a sort of support system.

    Can't wait to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tabitha, thanks, good event ideas.

    ReplyDelete