Friday, September 10, 2010

For the ADD among us

After many, many hours trolling the dregs of online literary magazines (and yes, they are often as overblown as the phrase "online literary magazines"), I stumbled upon this small jewel of a site. La Petite Zine has a crisp, modern look with an eclectic collection of short poetry and prose (1000 words or fewer). 


La Petite's format and content is especially well suited to an online publication. It's literary Twitter on steroids. I love the ability to read a well-written short (which takes me a few minutes) and then skip my overly-loaded brain on to another 1000 word gem. My ADD side is satisfied by the variety and wit available in one edition. Be sure to read the "Dear Readers" letter; it sets the tone for the magazine. 


Somehow, when I'm on line with La Petite Zine, I feel like a hipster (almost), if I could just pin down what that means... I feel a hipster cartoon in my blog future! 


He is the man I need to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment