Friday, September 10, 2010

Now I Choose?

So after all the late-night web browsing for author's sites, hypertext narratives, and online 'zines, not to mention the unnecessary forays to YouTube and facebook, I'm supposed to choose one online site or project I'd be interested in learning how to do. @#%*#*! How about: any of the good stuff?


Takes me back to my Jimi Hendrix days.
But honestly, there are two sites that I really love, even though they're almost polar opposites. One is Saul Wiliam's website, an incredible amalgam of poetry, art, music and video presented through a shuffling of opaque images that link viewers to one imaginative sight after another (along with the requisite Amazon link).






A Monson circuit
Another site where I can lose myself for an hour or two is Ander Monson's webpage. Monson's page is stark, with links to links to links, like a circuit diagram (you should read his awesome book Other Electricities to appreciate the idea behind the design). Even without the having read the book, the site will engage you. The links include poetry, essays, and some stuff that's just Ander Monson being Ander Monson. 


My dream project is to combine the two concepts into an artsy, link to link to link site of my writing and art and/or video and or music, from yet-to-be-determined sources, to create the "Cate Experience." Really, if I'm going to dream, I may as well dream big.
Are YOU experienced?


3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Only the dreamers make it happen! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do I post the spam for my website? Essential part of any blog...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote about Ander Monson, too! How awesome is his website? The only thing I found frustrating was that his essay "Solopsism" isn't in hypertext format on the website. It was in The Best American Essays from 2008 and it had all this extra fun stuff to enhance the essay. For some reason it was gone on the website version. Anyway, enjoyable nonetheless! :)

    ReplyDelete