Friday, September 24, 2010

On Sanity

As someone who was, for several years, bat-shit crazy, I feel I have the right, nay, the obligation to comment on The Rally to Restore Sanity. (See also the facebook page.)
This is an AOA dream! Think about it. As an adult, we are the responsible going-about-our-business types. But the adolescent in us very much wants to rally, raise the picket sign and generally misbehave. This event captures the essence of our dual nature. And, since I live in the DC area, it's easy to get to, cheap, convenient.


I am having difficulty thinking up the exact phrase for my sign. This being Punctuation Appreciation Day, I'm considering "I'll read your pledge, if it's punctuated correctly."
Wouldn't it be awesome if we could get a group of AOAs with appropriately AOA signs together for the rally? Or, if that's too much trouble, how about sending me your sign ideas and I'll find people to carry them? Let's be reasonable. 



4 comments:

  1. Happy Punctuation Day! That makes me happy. : ) I was bat-shit-crazy for a while too, especially junior year of college. Fun times, fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Dave and I (and possibly Dill, too) will be there. I don't know if we'll be able to find each other given how many people say they're going, but it's worth a shot. Talk to you about it at dinner on Tuesday...
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could come to this event I will be busy at the rally to keep fear alive. After all reason is just on letter away from treason and I am very much afraid of committing treason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am considering a flip sign: one side reason, one side fear.

    ReplyDelete