Friday, September 24, 2010

News-y Stuff

So I'm looking at my previous post and not liking it at all. Not the look of the poem, which I had to upload as a jpeg to preserve the typeface and spacing, and not the poem itself. It was a  PREMATURE POST.
It's very difficult to know exactly when a poem is finished, sometimes they never are, and seeing this one onscreen allowed me to see it in a different light. It needs work. I may take it down, especially now that...
I'M GETTING PUBLISHED!
Yes this is big news. I received two acceptances in twelve hours. My head remained swelled for the next twenty-four! You can look for two of my poems online in The Light Ekphrastic sometime after November and an essay in the November issue of Urbanite Baltimore. For one day, I felt like the luckiest person on Earth. Now, especially after the premature poem post, I'm just anxious about getting the poems right. It's nice.

3 comments: