Saturday, September 25, 2010

Help, please?

I have friends of all ages, sexes, colors, religions, and marital status, and even if I rarely see you and only follow you on facebook or through your blogs, I want you to know that I do read everything you have to say. And I learn from you, even though I may post the occasional politically incorrect comment on your wall. Forgive me. I am a clumsy teenager when it comes to this electronic social media.

Life is hard. We all have a sad story. But we have each other, too. I'm sitting here in the early hours of the morning thinking that we really need to remember how much we have in common, no matter what our differences are. I need to believe that my children will be able to raise their children in a world at peace, that one day we will all understand we are one: the human race.

I want your help. I'm serious about going down to the mall on Oct. 30 with signs that illustrate our common humanity. We all want the same things: a home, enough food, medical care when we're sick, satisfying work, freedom to practice (or not practice) a religion, a clean environment, and a safe future for our children. All of this democrat-republican angry rhetoric is depressing (not to mention useless).

So I am asking for your help: Send this request to your friends and family, in the US and overseas. Spread the word. Ask them what they want to say to Washington, not anger, but a heartfelt expression of something simple, specific and good that every human being can understand. I promise to find people to carry signs. I will post your responses on this site. Thank you, it's nice to know I have someone to talk to at five in the morning.


5 comments:

  1. When comics make more sense than politicians -- MARCH AGAINST STUPIDITY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and,of course...

    VISIT MY BROTHER'S WEBSITE!

    GemsForJewelers.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. March Against Stupidity would make a great sign. And of course, across the bottom will read, "visit gemsforjewlers.com" There, you got your plug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every word on this sign is spelled correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop the Tea Party. Cut Social Security and Medicare.

    ReplyDelete