Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I was skeptical ...

... but, I just got back from acupuncture and I feel great. I have some serious AOA issues: school stress, projects due, driving an hour each way to school, fibromyalgia, Sjogren's syndrome, a year-old shoulder injury and, truly and adult issue: kids! My daughter dislocated her kneecap, and when I called my son to tell him about it, he had a fever. And, they're both 3000 miles away. STRESS! 
But now I'm better. I've been going to acupuncture since June, for my fibromyalgia. It has decreased the aches and pains, but the reduction in stress is an unexpected benefit. Even when my symptoms are flaring, the acupuncture helps.
As a former scientist, it's hard to wrap my head around the fact that acupuncture does help. Scientists are just beginning to do double blind studies to test the effectiveness of acupuncture and results are promising. For those of you in the Baltimore-Washington area looking for relief, let me recommend my acupuncturist, Lourdes. She is at Tai Sophia  in Columbia and is accepting new patients. I don't know how it works, only that it does.

2 comments:

  1. How does it feel when the needles go in you? I've heard that you can't feel it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the time you can't feel anything. The needles are more like metallic threads.

    ReplyDelete