Sunday, October 24, 2010

iMovie Stupidity

For an adolescent I am really technically backward. Last night I spent hours downloading video I had taken with my Nikon Cool Pix (an old model with terrible video quality). The clips downloaded into iPhoto. I opened iMovie and imported the clips (again, it took forever). 
But something was off. The iMovie on my computer was different from the software I had used in class. Mine was really limited. I fooled around for a long time. Then I decided to look at my Applications folder. I noticed I had two iMovie apps. Further investigation revealed that the one I had opened had been installed in 2004. The one I didn't open was installed in 2008. Apparently, when I had the contents of my old computer transfered, all the old apps were transferred, and I had opened the very outdated iMovie. More hours - clips are now loaded into the 2008 version. It looks just like what we used in class. By the time I was finished I was so stiff I could hardly stand up. Do teenagers have this problem when they spend hours on their computers? I don't think so. AOA's need to be smarter and not waste time. Too late. D'oh!

1 comment:

  1. YES! I do most of my homework on a tiny little netbook perched on a tv table at the end of my bed. I'm going to be a hunchback for Halloween, just 'cause it'll be so easay: a couple hours of homework and then out the door, costume done.

    ReplyDelete